Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Parenthood




Yup, I am talking about Parenthood, the TV show again. It has quickly become one of my favorite shows. Are you watching? Parenthood is on tonight - NBC, make sure to check it out if you have not already!


Last week's show presented an interesting topic - socializing when there are special needs in your family. The episode showed the Braverman family which includes Max who has Asperger's Syndrome, socializing with another family that does not appear to have special needs.


It showed the preparation that the father did with Max on manners and showed that the father was a bit nervous for how things were going to go. Cut to the family being over at their house and the two kids playing, the new friend found Max to be "odd" and asked to leave. The entire family left saying that their son was not feeling well.


Yes, I know that this is fiction, but I felt so bad for Max and his parents. Probably because I know just how real this scenario can be.


How do you handle socializing with other families? Any tips?

3 comments:

The Hopeful Elephant said...

bWAHAHHAAAAA! Love the show too!

Socializing? WHAT on earth is THAT?

Our social calendar opened up...wanna come visit? xoxox

Jessica Crozier said...

It's a great show...has become one of my favorites too. I am reading Jodi Picoult's House Rules right now. It's a very interesting story about a boy with AS. You or any readers might be interested in it!

Tiffany said...

I just posted about this show a few weeks ago!!! I love this show. I thought that episode was particularly good...and painful. We do socialize quite a bit...and it's always a bit nervewracking at first...but we just do it and hope for the best!!

Post a Comment