Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yourself




You're tired, stressed and running in twelve directions -- all roads point somewhere, anywhere but to yourself! You need a break, a moment, a second!


Everyone says to do it: Take time for yourself.


Is this advice that you have taken to heart and if so, how does it show up in your life?


Everyone is so busy these days and taking time for yourself sometimes seems impossible but I know that you can make the impossible happen for your kids so how about for yourself?


Some suggestions:


- Schedule YOU in your calendar - once a week take a moment for you.

- Sign up for a class - something you pay for and where others expect you to be there!

- Trade with another parent to watch the kids at a specific time on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.


Please share your tips!



1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Schedule me time....schedule it...like you do a shower, or brushing your teeth, or eating. Even if it's 10 minutes to read. I'm also a big fan of counting to 10 and deep breaths when I don't think I can handle it. I've also got tons of other thoughts about this on my blog!! It's something so important that parents of kids with special needs absolutely can not forget to do!!

Post a Comment