Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What Would You Do Wednesday


Welcome to What Would You Do Wednesday here on the Knowledge Safari blog! Each week we post a question that we have received and ask you to give us your answer or opinion!

If you have a question for a future post, please email it to blog@knowledgesafari.com


Today's question comes from Patti!


"I think we all know that before we had a child of our own with special needs, we might have felt sorry for the mom's we would see on the playground who did have children with special needs. Now that we are in their shoes, the last thing we want is pity, but we do want connection, for ourselves and our kids. How do you approach other moms in social settings? Do you come right out and talk about your child's situation? How do you handle it when you get that "poor you" look?"


Have at it readers, let's give Patti some helpful hints!


-----------


Connect.Discover.Share at Knowledge Safari!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Did Patti have a look at my blog today? :) At first I wanted to hi and not have anyone look at me or pity me...but I'm a super social person so I just go up and start conversations and am honest about my daughter and her needs!!

Post a Comment