Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Would You Do Wednesday

Welcome to What Would You Do Wednesday here on the Knowledge Safari blog. Each week we post a question that we have received from a reader and ask you to help us with an answer!

If you have a question for an upcoming post - email us at blog@knowledgesafari.com

Today's question comes from Adam.

"My wife and I are expecting a baby and we just found out that he will have down syndrome. I am wondering what I need to do to prepare myself and my family. This is our first baby so we are newbies all the way around! We are excited and to be frank a bit scared...mostly of the unknown. Any tips appreciated."

Thanks for asking the question Adam. Check the comments section for some responses!

2 comments:

The Hopeful Elephant said...

SUPPORT! Go find your local Down Syndrome Chapter and get involved now....those other parents are a super wealth of knowledge and help!

Tiffany said...

Amen to what Heather said...read blogs too...that helps a ton!! Other than that...I'm not sure how on Earth you prepare for a newborn! ;)

Post a Comment