Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What Would You Do Wednesday?


Welcome to What Would You Do Wednesday here on the Knowledge Safari blog. Each week we take a question from a reader and throw it out to you to help us answer!


If you have a question please submit it to blog@knowledgesafari.com


Today's question comes from Mark.


"My nephew is mentally challenged. He is mentally young for his age and because of his disability he is unable to control his behavior. I feel for his parents, his father is my brother. Here is the problem. When he comes to family functions, my young children are basically scared of him. How do I help my kids understand? His movements are sometimes violent, although he does not mean to be at all. But, I cannot leave my kids with him or have him join in activities - it just does not work. I don't want to hurt anyone...I just don't really know what to do."


Thanks for your question Mark! Check the comments section for some responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment