Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What Would You Do Wednesday


Welcome to What Would You Do Wednesday here on the Knowledge Safari blog. Each week we take a reader's question and throw it out to you to help us answer.


If you have a question, please email it to us at blog@knowlegdesafari.com. Make sure to let us know if you would like us to change your name or include your blog!


Thanks Joelle for submitting this great question!


"Hi, ok so I was sitting here wondering about this and thought...I should just sent it into Knowledge Safari! Here goes...my daughter has a rare chromosonal disease, that brings with it lots of doctors, therapists, nurses, baggage! I love her to pieces and although I wish things were different, this is our reality. Her daddy is not in the picture. His parents want to be but I wonder how much I should let them be invloved. I feel like I am standing on ceremony by not letting them get involved as I feel like it should be their son in addition to them - not instead of their son. What do you think?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the grandparents be involved! If the father isn't ready right now, that's his loss. Take what you can get, and be grateful they want to be a part of their grandchild's life.

The Henrys said...

I think that if her grandparents want to have a part in her life, it will be great for all of you. As the mother of a daughter with a rare chromosome disorder, I know a little about what you are going through. It helps to have as many people, who want to be involved and help out, as you can. As long as they are good to her, and respect you, I think it's a great thing. I'm sure she would love to have some grandparents who love her!

Anonymous said...

It would be a shame to hold against them the fact that their son is not "owning up" to his responsibilities.
Not only is there help with grandparents, but so many rich rewards for all of you, including for your daughter's father - who will see from example, maybe even learn from it.
Good luck!

Post a Comment