Thursday, May 6, 2010

National Nurses Week 2010


Did you know that today marks the first day of National Nurses Week?

I have had occasion over the past several years to be in hospitals with various family members and I can say that nurses make all the difference! Obviously the care for the patient is top priority but the care of the family and their concerns is of importance too. I think a great nurse is able to balance both. I would imagine that nursing is both rewarding and thankless at the same time. It takes a special person to be a great nurse!

As you navigate the special needs in your family's life, I am sure that you come in contact with your fair share of nurses ...do you have any stories to share of a positive experience you have had with a nurse?

In honor of National Nurses Week, we want to thank all of the nurses out there who do such a fantastic job everyday!

If you are a nurse...how would you like your patients to recognize you? A simple thank you? A letter of appreciation to your supervisor? What would make your day? :)


To read more about nursing, check out http://www.nursingworld.org/!
-----------
Have you joined us at Knowledge Safari yet?

2 comments:

The Hopeful Elephant said...

YAY for nurses!

Honestly, nurses (well at least where I work) don't like food. Hospitals are germy, and food laying around is just not good.

Thank yous are always good. We rarely get them, as it's much easier to complain about a nurse than it is to appreciate one.

The special needs community utilizes nurses on a daily basis--I've seen parents adore the nurses and others make fun and berate. It is not an easy job, and too many times people say "Oh, I'm practically a nurse" because they have some medical skills. Nursing is about way more than treatments, and skills. There is critical thinking and understanding of pharmacopea.

And with that I will end my marathon comment. Because I could go on forever.

Amen. ;)

Unknown said...

My daughter, Evelyn, just got her degree as a pediatric nurse practitioner. So proud of her!! So many children will now be able to enjoy what I have been enjoying since the day she was born: a beautiful heart, delicious personality, charismatic smile and incredible warmth. We are all truly blessed!

Post a Comment