Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dreams


Do you have dreams about the future, the past or the present?


I heard from one of the mom's who's child I am work with that she often has dreams that involve her child not having any special needs. She dreams that he is not in a wheelchair and that he is involved in sports and doing all the things a typical 10 year old would be doing.

She does not like having these dreams, she feels guilty about them. She thinks that it might mean that she is wishing for things that will never happen. Or that she doesn't love her son just the way he is - which she does!

What are your thoughts? Have you had a similar dream? How did it make you feel?
------
Discuss this and other topics at Knowledge Safari!

1 comment:

The Henrys said...

I have dreams where my daughter who is non-verbal can talk. I am always so happy and surprised when she talks in my dreams. I cry and laugh and tell everyone how she just started talking. Then, I wake up and realize it was just a dream. It breaks my heart every time.

Post a Comment