Monday, September 6, 2010

Self Esteem - Part 5


Welcome to our final installment in our series about building self esteem in your children.


Here's looking at YOU kid! I am talking to you!


The biggest key to building self esteem in your children has to do with their role models and that means, you!


Have you found yourself saying:


"I just can't do anything right"

"I have the worst luck"

"I can't do that"

"I look awful in this outfit"

"No one wants to be with me"

"My life sucks"


Oh come on, you know at least one of those rings true for you! We cannot be perfect...well not all of the time...these things slip into our heads and out of our mouths and into the ears of those around us!



STOP!


Maybe you need a dose of a self esteem booster yourself! Maybe you need to ask a spouse, partner, friend, parent --- what your best qualities are and why you are a great person!


Just remember that while you work on your own self esteem that you are modeling for your children right now! So, try to give yourself positive affirmations in front of your children. It may sound awkward and feel funny but the results will work!


What works for you? Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment